Saturday, July 4, 2009

Yeah, my Blog Color scheme is BLACK!

Since I'm now trapped in my house all day, every day (probably for the rest of my life), I decided to start a blog. You know, keep in touch with the outside world, have a pretend one-way conversation. Maybe -- just maybe -- find someone who knows what it's like to be me.

What's it like? Good question! Well, my husband came back from the war two months ago -- 64 days, to be exact. They only let me see him 40 days ago and I was able to brng him home 35 days ago. Only it's not really my husband who I brought home -- it's what's left of him. Something happened to him -- and the bastards still won't tell me what! -- and now, he's just not there anymore. Literally, his mind is totally gone. And to top it all off -- they won't help. Nothing. Nada. So we sit here -- all day and all night -- and I watch him. Alone.

I'd love to tell you why, but I had to sign fifty billion waivers to get him back and I won't give them an excuse to take him away again.

I can't leave him and I can't work. He's a vegetable most of the time. And for those who think the military pension is something you can live off of -- it's not. Not even with full disability (at least they gave us that).

So, you know, my Blog is black. Maybe when things look up I'll change it to rose or something. And, no, I don't want your pity and keep your "depression" talk to yourselves. Sometimes you jsut need to wallow in it for a while and feel sorry for yourself. If that's too much for you, then to bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment