Saturday, July 4, 2009

He Likes the Computer!

I can't believe it!

He was curled up on the floor after his snack/feast and I was sitting on the couch with my laptop and he looked up and made the crying sound. I oculdn't believe he was still hungry, so I said "Eat?" and made the sign and he shook his head. It was the first time he'd ever done that. I started pointing at other things in the room and he just shook his head. Then he pointed! He pointed! He wanted my laptop. I patted the couch next to me but he shook his head. I gave him the laptop and he surfed the net until the battery ran out -- then he fell asleep.

I didn't know what to do. I was stunned. I was so happy I cried. He's surfing the web and tears were running down my face and I had all of these thoughts that he would just look up and talk to me. That he'd come out of it. But, alas, he didn't.

Still -- he did something that wasn't just sleep and eat. That's a victory, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment